Single Chamber Bat Houses are ideal for the beginning Bat Enthusiast. Most single chamber homes will provide shelter for males and transient bats who are in their migratory trek, temporarily disoriented, or seeking shelter during a storm.
This Certified Single Chamber Bat House, measures 29"H x 14"W x 2½"D and is cut from 100% Western Red Cedar.
- All joints are half-lapped, caulked and sealed.
- The 1/4" ventilation gap allows for circulation and temperature variability.
- Each Lone Star Bat House is hand made and inspected.
- Pre-drilled holes for mounting screws for your convenience.
- All exterior surfaces (except landing pad) are hand sanded to increase the aesthetic appearance.
Each Lone Star Bat House adorns our trademark 3-1/2" cast iron star and "Hand Crafted by Lone Star Woodcraft" brand.
As these house are constructed of Western Red Cedar, they weather beautifully and will darken as they are exposed to the elements over time.
The 3/4" chambers will deter wasps, hornets etc. from making a home in your bat house, however they may try to make a home in the area just below the chamber on the landing pad. Inspect your house several times a week or until the bats move in since Bats will not move in if the house is already occupied. Once the bats have moved in, other insects will avoid the area completely as they don't want to be eaten.
January/February is the best time to inspect your house for winter wear. Reseal any gaps that may have formed due to the dynamic expansive features of cedar. Clear any branches that have grown around the house that may pose entrance or exit path hindrance.